1. Books must be published for Young Adults (ages 12-18). Occasionally, popular books that cross over from middle grade to YA in many libraries will also be included (eg. Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson books). Because books are listed often months before their publication date there will be occasional errors when an author who typically writes YA puts out a middle grade or adult book.
2. Self-published books will not be included. This includes books published by vanity presses. While small press books are welcome and encouraged, if the only book your company has put out is the one you’ve submitted, I will probably err on the side of caution and not include it.
3. At this point, books must be published in print (hardcover or paperback original) in order to be included. Paperback reprints will not be included. Reprints of long out of print books will be judged on a case by case basis.
4. Series books will be noted whenever possible, but it can be difficult to tell whether a book is in a series with pre-publication information and many stand-alone books become series books at a later date. If the publisher lists a series name, I will use that. If there is no given series name, the name of the first book will be used.
5. Upcoming books are my priority but as time allows, I will attempt to include previous works. This will be a long process so please excuse the many omissions.
6. All information is subject to change. I can only go by the information I receive from catalogs and internet retailers. Many books will be available before their listed publication date.
YALit was founded in 2006 by Keri Adams and Stefan Hayden to provide a compilation of release dates for young adult novels. Now teen librarians and ya lit aficionados have a place they can go to find out what’s going on in young adult literature.
The 2013 redesign will allow us to provide more information about each book and author as time allows.
Please send any YA catalogs to:
Johnson Public Library
274 Main Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
All other information can be sent through our contact form. Links to PDF copies of catalogs or book information are greatly encouraged.
Keri Adams is the young adult librarian at the Johnson Public Library in Hackensack, NJ. She has been reading young adult books since she was eight years old. She graduated from The College of New Jersey in 2004 with a B.A. in English and recieved an M.L.I.S. from Rutgers University in 2005.
Stefan Hayden is a web developer. He has an BFA in Graphic Design from The College of New Jersey.